About Me

My photo
I am veterinary nurse student living in Denmark, with my husband and my Miniature Schnauzer.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Interesting Science and Nature Sites


Science Daily - A "scientific news site" that keeps you up to date with all kinds of science news. I love how it is possible to follow RSS feeds on each of the different categories, as I find following all news on this site a bit overwhelming.

ZipcodeZoo - Look up different species to learn about their habitat, their conservation status, their latin name and their taxonomy.

PLoS - A nonprofit organization of scientists and physicians committed to making the world's scientific and medical literature a freely available public resource. This site is full of interesting articles.

EOL - The Encyclopedia of Life - Working to organize and make available all information about life present on Earth. At this time it is not one of my favorite site to use while doing research on species, as I want information beyond taxonomy and general information, but this site is a work in progress and I imagine it will have extensive information on most species in the near future.

Scienceray - Nature/science site featuring a lot of interesting easy-to-read articles.

Sea and Sky - Exploring the Splendors of the Sea and the Wonders of the Universe - This is a site I would recommend to all science and nature interested families out there. Sea and Sky is filled with easy-to-understand information on space and sea. There are interactive activities and lots of pictures to look at. An ideal site for the whole family to explore together.

This was a few of my favorite science and nature sites. Please make a comment if you have a favorite science or nature site you feel like sharing!

No comments: