I hope not! :)
I've looked through a few books about microbiology and dermatology, and as I've been told, the images are often of poor quality. That is why I've googled a bit this weekend, to find sources of better images. I found more that I hoped for. :)
My list of microscopy image sources:
- Dennis Kunkel - Great site with lots of images in fancy colors.
- Droplets - Lots of fantastic images, information, and a very nice collage.
- Museum of Science - Some nice images in black and white.
- Scarf Photo - Images with colors and zoom feature.
- Flikr - Images tagged with electron microscope.
- Molecular Expressions - Lots and lots of images.
- Microscopy-UK International Microscopy Gallery - Big gallery.
- SWEHSE - List of sites with microscope images.