About Me

My photo
I am veterinary nurse student living in Denmark, with my husband and my Miniature Schnauzer.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Accessories For Dogs

I am a huge fan of beautiful and fun dog accessories like leaches, collars, harnesses and other necessary pet products, like e.g. Pylones leashes, and I love when people choose these products with the look and personality of their dog in mind. What I do not like is when people who love pink diamond collars just happens to have a German Shepherd male they can use to show it of on, and similar situations.

I think it's a great thing that people have a good deal of money these days, and that many pet owners chooses to use some of the money on stuff for their pets, but we should bear in mind what gifts our pets will benefit from receiving. Maybe it would be a better idea to give Fido a new quality toy or a dog training course, instead of a diamond encrusted dog bed?

It makes me sad when I encounter dogs that obviously never have had proper training, and look like they came straight from a diamond accessory photo shoot. Dogs should not function as accessories for people.

No comments: